Tuesday, September 28, 2010

India Blog Series- Post # 6: The End

The purpose of this documentary was to demonstrate how you can use social media applications & Cisco technology to stay in touch while abroad and educate internal/external communities on the breadth of capabilities that can be achieved via the network as the platform.

I wanted to thank all of you for following my documentary blog series as I travelled to India. I hope that you all found the blog series worthwhile. I’d love to hear your feedback regarding the blog series and understand what you liked, what I could’ve done better, etc… Please feel free to comment on the blog/ contact me directly with suggestions.

Furthermore, I wanted to thank my management team (Kristin White, Shayne Fulford, Swati Daniel, Gabriel Negrete, and Viji Sriraman) for sponsoring my application to the GRC guest audit program and for encouraging me to apply. Without their support and flexibility, I never would’ve followed through on my application.

Lastly, I wanted to extend a big thank you to the GRC audit team (Ravi Channahalli, Swaroop Ramaswamy, Gautam Kumar, Tarun Damodaran, and Vinita Venugopal). Their support made the trip for me. The strong leadership, visibility, and collaboration from the team made the entire process seamless. We came together as a cohesive group, delivered quality results, and had a great time doing it.

I would encourage anyone who has an opportunity to apply for programs of this nature to do so. The experience not only made me a better professional, it made me a better human being.

I am truly grateful to have had this opportunity. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions/ comments that you may have.

Karl Laughton

2 comments:

  1. I just saw the last post of this blog so I decided to read the other five as well. Sounds like a pretty interesting trip! I especially liked hearing about Accenture's outsource building and the quote in the third blog. I actually have some Kingfisher at my house so when you come down we'll have to reminisce.

    Anyways, I hope you also got a good hot shave at the haircut place. Just like the good old days in Davis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for your comments Mike. See you soon bud.

    ReplyDelete