Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SPEAKEASY Blog Series Part 1

I've been fortunate enough to be sponsored to go to SPEAKEASY, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ag40VrbCY, a corporate communication development program in SF for the next 3 days.

My program, Talk So People Listen, is described below: http://www.speakeasyinc.com/talksopeoplelisten.asp

"Three-day program for middle and upper management. Limit: 10 participants. This program is for the individual who understands the importance of communication to driving business results ¬ and who is committed to developing a style that can positively impact those results. In this program, participants get all the information and all the insight they need to develop a communication style that is uniquely their own. And they have the time needed to explore, experiment with, and then own the specific skills that will make them more comfortable and more effective communicators".

I'm going to blog about my SPEAKEASY experience to stress the importance of learning and development in your organization. The development of your most important asset, your people, is an investment which, in a recessed economy, most organizations have chosen not to make.

I believe that organizations should make a point to invest in their people, and develop the high potential candidates of today within their company so that one day, you have created a pipeline for your companies leaders of tomorrow. Leaders who have developed within your business and understand the pulse, culture, and direction your company needs to go in to remain a world class organization.

I’m looking forward to giving this course everything I have to truly grow and develop as a professional. I’m also extremely thankful to Cisco and my management team for making this opportunity possible.

I’ll keep you posted. I’ve got to do my homework for the first day, preparing a 2-3 minute speech about something I’m currently working on.

I’ve included some further information about the program below if you’re interested:
http://www.box.net/shared/71r8cv8z5o

The SVTB

No comments:

Post a Comment