Friday, February 11, 2011

SPEAKEASY Mini Blog Series Post 4

Today was the final day of the three day program. Today was focused on application, practice, and assessment of the framework that we’ve developed over the last two days.

We practiced speaking to poems, speeches, and presentations. Furthermore, we were filmed speaking standing up, sitting down, in front of a projector, and sitting at a conference room table.

Emphasis is placed on seeing yourself and the impact you make as a speaker, from the listeners point of view. Once you understand how you appear in their eyes, you can adjust your delivery to achieve the maximum impact.

At the end of the program they give you a DVD which is comprised of all of your recording over the 3 day program. I was astonished when I watched the DVD at how much progress I made in 3 days. I’m already a more confident speaker, know where I’m at, and have the framework to implement into my everyday life to continue to improve as an impactful speaker.

I can truly tell all of you that I will carry the skills I’ve acquired in this program with me for the rest of my career.

This is one of the best development classes that I’ve ever taken. The improvement is night and day. I’d encourage anyone, no matter what skill set or position in an organization you are, to take this course.

I hope that this blog series was an informative read, and I would appreciate any feedback that you have.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions regarding the program.

The SVTB

No comments:

Post a Comment