Thursday, February 10, 2011

SPEAKEASY Mini Blog Series - Part 3

Impact, impact, impact. Today was all about concentration, repetition, application, evaluation, and integration.

Yesterday we learned the techniques and tools to use for excellent communication and began practicing. Today, we spent the whole day implementing and practicing those techniques.

We had 3 recorded exercises and speeches throughout the day where we were evaluated by our coaches, our peers, and ourselves.

The video assessments allow you to see your evolution throughout the day and pinpoint your strengths, as well as your areas of development.

Between the video assessments you're given practice exercises that are targeted at giving you the opportunity to work on your development areas. By the end of the day you, you've been through an intensive training program and can effectively implement the techniques that you've been taught with extreme concentration.

I was extremely happy with my end of day assessment and am looking forward tomorrow. My focus area for tomorrow is trusting myself. I need to control the situation, and effectively deliver the message to my peers, regardless of what my speech says.

Stay posted,

The SVTB

No comments:

Post a Comment